Wednesday, December 10, 2008

John E. Battles "Chocolatier"

Mmm, I love edible art. Go ahead and try thinking this guy's creations are not art, and I invite you to walk across the street with me to Evo Pizza one night and partake in the mad gastronomic creations such as, star anise and rose peppercorn dark chocolate, maple smoked bacon dark chocolate, or parmesan sweet basil white chocolate. Georges Braque himself could not have synthesized more radical yet cohesive elements. My Liz put it best when asked how I should describe Johnny's creations, "just tell them they are the most amazing truffles in the world". Well said Liz. 
So I have to apologize to Mr. Battles for incorrectly naming his company in the advertisements for the show on Dec. 13th. In an effort to correct my mistake let me list his information (correctly) here.
Johnny Battles
Chocolatier
Providing single origin, handmade, local, and very, very slow-food! His products are gluten free and vegan by request. You can place an order through his website, by email (ilovejohnnyschocolates@gmail.com, or by phone @ 843-532-6408. Johnny's truffles can be found in many of the finer restaurants in the Charleston area (like Evo and O'Hara and Flynn). You can also pick up his special "six pack" of truffles at the show on Saturday. I have also heard talk of samples the night of the show but don't hold me to it (insert smile here). If you would like some more details about Johnny's process check out James T. Sears article here.
Oh by the way Johnny's cool profile picture above I cannot take credit for but I do have to give kudos to the photographer, great shot! I'll find out who's shot it is and post it later.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home